Today, Latino Press is the most recognized Latinx media company in Michigan. Elias Gutierrez, president of Latino Press has been nominated for an award from Southwest Detroit Business Association (SDBA) for his contributions in continued service for his community such as his yearly Baby Shower Project which assist low income mothers and many more contributions. The annual 2020 Southwest Detroit Business Association (SDBA) Community Investment Breakfast (CIB) fundraiser is an opportunity to celebrate more than 63 years of service to the businesses and residents of Southwest Detroit.
The awards, organized by SDBA, cover work produced by the stability services of local businesses and residents of SouthWest Detroit. The 2020 honorees will be citizens and businesses who exemplify SDBAs mission and have been instrumental in advancing thriving neighborhoods in Southwest Detroit!
Due to COVID-19, this year’s Community Investment Breakfast will be a virtual Zoom event. The individuals will be announced online rather than at the usual awards ceremony, during which they will each have an opportunity for a short speech. Tune in to support your local business. This year’s annual event will be hosted on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 and sponsored by MotorCity Casino-Hotel beginning at 9:30 a.m.
“we will recognize outstanding individuals/organizations for their significant contributions to our community.”
CIB 2020 Awardees are:
· Bagley Award for Generational Investment Award- Xochi Gift Shop
· Junction Culture and Arts Award – Elton Munroy Duran / Sixto Rodriguez
· Michigan Avenue Public Service Award – CHASS
· West Vernor Award for Community Leadership Award – Stefan Perez
· Springwells Award for Small Business Award – Latino Press Elias Guiterrez
· Clark Street Award for Civic Investment Award- City of Detroit P&DD, PLA & DPW Departments
· Kathy Wendler Award – Monica Casarez (posthumously)
“Rebuilding our Economy from the Ground Up”